Saturday 14 August 2010

Mom's Ramdan - The Race is on



Assaalam Alaykum Moms, Ramadan Kareem


Mom’s Ramadan diary – The Race is on!

Umm Sabr was busy checking over her Ramadan schedule, making sure she has left nothing undone.
“Alhamdulillah” she sighs. “We are well on our way to making this the BEST RAMADAN ever!” All the kids joined in shouting “Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!” They were so excited about Ramadan they started coming up with their own goals. Jasmine said, “I will memorise Surah Baqarah”. Farruk with a big grin plastered across his face, “I am only eight, I will ensure I fast all of Ramadan and complete my Little Explorers reward chart and be nice to mommy!” Mashaa Allah! Then he turns to Mom, “I hope you have a stock of stickers, because I will be collecting them very quickly?!”, Mom replied “yes”.
Sakinah pulls out her Ramadan Booster and starts filling it out, she says to the others “ You will not be leaving me behind! I have greater goals than you guys, lets see who will win. Right guys the race is on!” she says with a smirk. This reminds us of the Sahabah racing to do good deeds; this is a lovely habit to cultivate in our kids.

This is just an amazing scene. If you have not done so already, start focusing on your kids and drum up some healthy competition amongst them with regards Ramadan - they will love it InshAllah.

What things can you start telling your children to excite them about Ramadan? Most especially if this is their first one?

Let’s get productive and move to action – I am planning to:
• Teach my youngest daughter the Durood
• Help my eldest daughter complete her vision board on her goals for Ramadan
• Encourage my youngest one to fast a bit longer inshAllah
• Learn a very short Quarnic verse and Hadith

This is what works for me, what works for you? If you prefer to have your “things to do” stored in your head, have it as a vision board. Create a list or have pictures of your schedule for Ramadan – find something that works for you. The point is wherever you are now it’s not too late to nurture the spirit of Ramadan in your child. Why leave till tomorrow what you can do today? This is a joyful experience that will be remembered years to come inshAllah.

Let me know how you get on.

Have a Ramandantatsic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment